Pay a Parking Citation
Parking citation payments are accepted in several ways:
- Online: Citation Payment Website: https://dspayments.com/atwater. Note: Citations may be delayed from appearing in the system. You may also call 1-877-236-2954 for additional assistance.
- Mail: Send a check or money order (payable to the City of Atwater) including your parking citation to City of Atwater, 750 Bellevue Road, Atwater, CA 95301
- Payments must be received or contested no later than 30 calendar days from the citation issue date
If you feel you were issued a citation in error, you have the option to contest the citation within 30 calendar days from the citation issue date or 14 calendar days from the mailing of a notice of delinquent parking violation.
You may contest your parking citation in several ways:
- Online: Website for Citation Contest Note: If your citation is not in our system yet, please mail or submit a paper contest form in person.
- Mail: Send a completed contest form to the Police Department at 750 Bellevue Road, Atwater, CA 95301
- In Person: Bring your completed contest form Police Department, 750 Bellevue Road, Atwater, CA 95301
Contest forms are also available in person at the Police Department.
Citation Payment Plans Based on Financial Hardship
California Vehicle Code 40220 allows for installment payments of parking citations to qualifying low income individuals. For citations issued after July 1, 2018, an application must be submitted within 60 days from the issuance of a notice of parking violation, or within 10 days after an administrative hearing determination, whichever is later. For citations issued before July 1, 2018, there is no application deadline, but the option expires January 1, 2027.
Parking citation late fees and penalty assessments (“Late Fees”) are removed at time of enrollment in the payment plan in accordance with California Vehicle Code 40220. Late Fees are reinstated if the payment plan is not completed. Also, DMV registration holds, and Franchise Tax Board tax intercepts will not be implemented, and / or will be removed during the payment plan, subject to its satisfactory completion. If the payment plan is not satisfactorily completed, then such remedies may be invoked.
Who May Qualify for a Payment Plan
To qualify, you must meet the requirements of California Vehicle Code 40220 by either being “Low Income” or receiving qualifying “Public Benefits” as explained below.
“Public Benefits” are as defined under Government Code 68632 and include, but are not limited to, public benefits under one or more of the following programs: CalWORKs (or Tribal TANF), Supplemental Security Income and State Supplementary Payment, Supplemental Nutrition or California Food Assistance Program, County Relief, General Relief or General Assistance, Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants, In-Home Supportive Services, and Medi-Cal.
“Low Income” is defined under Government Code 68632 and is an applicant whose monthly income is 125 percent or less of the current poverty guidelines updated periodically in the Federal Register by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.See Chart below for current income thresholds.
|Household / Family Size||1||2||3||4||5||6|
How to Enroll in a Payment Plan
You must fully complete and sign an application form. To obtain an application online click here.
You must also submit documentation along with your application verifying that you are Low Income or receive qualifying Public Benefits, as explained below.
What Documentation/Proof Needs to be Submitted Along with the Application
- Public Benefits – Acceptable forms of proof include an electronic benefit transfer card or another card, or other documentation that confirms your receipt of qualifying Public Benefits.
- Low Income – Acceptable forms of proof of Low Income include a recent pay stub, an earnings or financial statement, or other documentation that demonstrates that you qualify as Low Income.
Where to Submit Your Application
- By Mail: Mail your completed application and supporting documentation to: City of Atwater, Parking Enforcement Center” P.O. Box 3214, Milwaukee, WI 53201-3214
Other Key Requirements / Provisions Applicable to Payment Plans Based on Financial Hardship
- California Vehicle Code 40220 allows for installment payments of parking citations to qualifying low income individuals who apply within 60 days from the issuance of a notice of parking violation, or within 10 days after an administrative hearing determination, whichever is later.
- Parking citation late fees and penalty assessments (“Late Fees”) are removed at time of enrollment in the payment plan in accordance with California Vehicle Code 40220. Late Fees are reinstated if the payment plan is not completed. Also, DMV registration holds, and Franchise Tax Board tax intercepts will not be implemented, and / or will be removed during the payment plan, subject to its satisfactory completion. If the payment plan is not satisfactorily completed, then such remedies may be invoked.
- You are only entitled to enroll in a payment plan once for any specific parking citation(s).Subject to the timing requirements, you may enroll in additional payment plans for any citation(s) which were not previously included in a payment plan.
- Only the Registered Owner or Lessee may enroll in the Payment Plan.
- Citations enrolled in this program are not eligible for an Administrative Review or Hearing. No citation re-enrollment, contract extensions, or revisions will be granted. Citations are not eligible for enrollment in a payment program if the cited vehicle is currently booted, towed or impounded (subject to the citations being outside of the above referenced application deadlines).
- A non-refundable administrative fee of $5 due upon enrollment, which can be added to the payment plan at the discretion of the plan participant.
- If you are enrolled in a payment plan, then you must make required monthly payments on the due date and otherwise comply with all applicable terms and provisions of the program, and all payment requirements. Detailed payment terms will be provided in a follow-up communication if your application is approved.
Payment Plan Approval
If your application for a payment plan is approved and you qualify for the payment plan, you will automatically be enrolled in the payment plan and a follow-up communication will provide you detailed payment information and terms. If your application is incomplete or is otherwise rejected, you will be notified. If for any reason you wish to revoke your application or cancel your payment plan, you may notify us at any time.
Information About Payments and Duration of the Payment Plan
|AMOUNT OWED||TIMELINE FOR COMPLETION||MINIMUM MONTHLY PAYMENT|
|$50||2 months||$25||The payment plan caps the monthly payment amount at $25.00 if the amount due totals $300.00 or less. The duration of payment plans varies based upon the amount owed but will not exceed 24 months.|
|Up to $450||Up to 24 months||$25|
|$451 and above||Up to 24 months||$50|
The City of Atwater is not required to provide any invoices, payment reminders, or notification of late or insufficient payments. It is your sole responsibility to ensure payments are made timely and in the proper amounts. All payments must be received by the due date. Customers are encouraged to set up their own payment reminders. Helpful tips include taking a photo of your payment plan agreement, setting regular reminders in your calendar, and telling a family member or friend who helps you with your finances.
Minimum monthly payments are due no later than the 1st or 15th of each month as identified in your plan approval letter.
There are no prepayment penalties and you may voluntarily make excess payments. However, any excess payments will not relieve you of the obligation to timely make the mandated monthly payments in full each month until such time that entire payment amount is paid in full and the payment plan is completed. If at any time you have questions about the remaining balance due, final payment amounts, or anything else related to your payment plan, please call our customer service staff at the number above.
How to Submit Payments Under a Payment Plan
- By Mail: Send check or money order payable to “City of Atwater, Parking Enforcement Center” P.O. Box 3214, Milwaukee, WI 53201-3214. Reference the Payment Plan number and license plate on the check/money order.
Payment Plan Default:
If you default on your payment plan you will have 45 days from Notice of Payment Default to make the missed payment and otherwise bring or keep your payment plan payment(s) current. Failure to do so will result in you being removed from the payment plan. After this one-time 45-day extension expires, you will not be provided any further extensions or notices, and any additional late or insufficient payments or other forms of default will result in immediate removal from the payment plan. Removal from the payment plan could result in: (i) any fees and penalties that had been waived as part of the payment plan being added back to the amount due, and (ii) vehicle registration holds or other potential consequences as permitted by law.
If you have any questions about payment plans, please contact our customer service staff at 877-236-2954.