Let’s Talk Atwater
Maintaining our local City services
In a recent community survey, a majority of Atwater residents said that our City is generally headed on the right track. Thank you to those that participated in the survey, the City strives to continue to provide the services that our community depends on now more than ever.
In the same survey, 78% said the City has a need for additional funding to provide City services in general. During this year’s budget process, we want to expand the conversation to hear what is important to you and what your local city services and priorities are.
Some of the priorities your neighbors identified include:
- Providing police officer training
- Investigating violent crimes
- Maintaining the City’s financial viability as a full-service City
- Preventing elimination or significant reduction of the Atwater Police Department
- Maintaining emergency medical response services including emergency heart attack and stroke response services
- Ensuring Atwater is prepared for any future health emergencies or other catastrophic disasters
- Addressing homelessness
Please note: If you are a part of a civic organization, and would like a City of Atwater representative to attend your next meeting to talk about the City’s financial needs and provide your priorities, please contact the City Manager’s office at email@example.com or (209) 357-6300.
Public Survey Results Slide Deck