We invite you to celebrate with us! Join the festivities by submitting your entries for the first Atwater “Holiday of Lights”!
A virtual map showing the locations of all registered displays will be posted so you can plan a walk, bike or drive around your neighborhood to see and share in the celebration.
Decorate your home or business for the Holiday season, then register your home between December 8th and 18th. All homes will be placed on the virtual map for the community to see. We encourage community members to drive around and view our neighbors holiday spirit!
Holiday of Lights Map
Step 1 – Register!
- Registration is FREE!
- Your registration be added to our “Holiday of Lights” Map.
Step 2 – Decorate your porch, front yard, or business!
- Homes must be appropriately decorated to be family friendly audience.
- Don’t have a porch? No problem! Feel free to decorate your lawn, the sidewalk, a window, or something else visible from the street or sidewalk.
Step 3 – Explore, Celebrate, Share!
- Check the Holiday of Lights Map often to see the celebration grow!
- Go for a walk around your neighborhood, take pictures of the porches you find, post and tag us on social media to help share the joy!
- The more people who take part, the more celebration there is to share, so get your friends and neighbors involved!
- Tag your displays on social media with #atwaterholidayoflights and we may feature your display on the City of Atwater Facebook page!
Holiday of Lights Guidelines:
- Display MUST BE appropriate for a family audience.
- Displays should not focus on religious, political campaigning, ideology, or controversial themes or issues. Use of political signs, social or political material is not permitted for this event.
- Displays are not a place for commercial marketing. Businesses are welcomed and encouraged to participate with a focus on the mission of bringing community together while staying home.
- The City of Atwater reserves the right to exclude any displays that do not meet our guidelines or that feature content not aligned with our mission.
- Registrations are limited to one per household, per location.
- Registration for the Atwater “Holiday of Lights” and/or tagging with related photos or videos on social media, grants City of Atwater permission to use your images, media and footage on any platform.